Monday, April 30, 2012

The New Teen Titans: Games

I'm so glad I picked this up.  George Perez is one of my all-time favourite artists and I loved his and Marv Wolfman's turn on The New Teen Titans it was one of the first series that I collected.  Seeing the whole team represented was a walk down memory lane.  I think this may have been from a time that I wasn't reading though, I don't remember Danny or Beast Boy with a mullet.

The story was a great read.  I'm almost glad that this was started and then dropped.  From the Foreword and Afterword, the story that they originally planned wasn't as good as this story that they've told.  My only real disappointment is that this story is probably not really part of the continuity anymore.  There was still a Teen Titans led by Nightwing (I'm assuming) but  don't think they would have had enough time to have this grand an adventure.

No comments: