Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Sneaky Chef

As I've mentioned before I have a very picky eater. I really want him to eat better. I'm investigating methods to help him overcome his pickiness but in the meantime I'd still like to get some nutrients into him. And that's why I picked up The Sneaky Chef by Missy Chase Lapine.

I'm not adverse to lying to my kids to help them get through something. I've told them about the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. I've stretched the truth about something they wouldn't understand. I've done what I can to help them, or to make their childhood magical. Sneaking vegetables into their diet is nothing.

One of the things that I liked about this book is that it not only sneaks in vegetables, it also sneaks in whole grains and sneaks out sugar and fats. It's about much more than the vegetable purees. Some of the recipes look really good too.

I haven't tried to make anything yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll give it a 4.

No comments: