Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

I have the free Kindle classic for this one and my only complaint on that is that the special symbols (French accents and the British pound symbol) don't work in this edition.  It's still readable, just a little off in a few places.

I was expecting this to be in more chronological order than it is.  One story mentions the case of another story that I hadn't read yet.  In some ways it makes the volume more organic - as if Watson were presenting his notes from each case but collected in the way he found most interesting.  In other ways it was a little jarring as I didn't know what the characters were talking about until I had read further in the volume.

The stories are all enjoyable though, some more formulaic than others and some easier solved (if only because the answers have become very cliched).

No comments: