Sunday, July 10, 2011

Justice League of America: Team History

I found this volume tried to do too much. It's probably a symptom of publishing. They'd just finished Cry for Justice and then had to tie into the Blackest Night event so they story they really wanted to tell (or at least the one I wanted to read) was shuffled to the back.

I wanted to read the start of the Dick Grayson as Batman leading the JLA. It got there eventually. I found it interesting that when Diana asked Donna to rebuild the League that her first instinct was to gather most of the Teen Titans. I liked that there were more people brought in than were used. The building up and pulling away of various heroes made the story seem more organic. Generally, I like narration boxes that give different character points of view of the same event. Robinson added a few too many. When it came right down to it the only ones that mattered were for Dick and Donna. I look forward to the next volume and their Justice League.

No comments: