Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Boys Volume 3: Good for the Soul

With Good for the Soul Garth Ennis fleshes out some of the supporting characters in The Boys. Of the team the Frenchman probably gets the best treatment but I'm very curious where he's taking Mother's Milk and the Female. Sometimes I find The Boys a little too explicit and there were a few points in the first arc that were a little much for me.

I did like Hughie's speech over the Blarney Cock and I liked the relationship between the Female and the Frenchman. I like how Hughie's relationship with Annie/Starbright is progressing and I can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out she's a cape.

In my opinion the second arc was the stronger of the two in the volume. I know that the Legend is obviously based on Stan Lee so when he tells Hughie the whole origin story of what's what in the world I don't know how much I believe. I know that Garth Ennis hates superheroes so it's probably closer to the truth than not. I'll give this volume a 4.

No comments: