Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chibi Vampire Volume 11

Another strong outing for Yuna Kagesaki.

Volume 11 focuses on Anju and what it means to awaken as a vampire. I really connected with the youngest Maaka for the first time in this volume. I found it really interesting to see Karin transform from the one who needs protecting to the one doing the protecting. Her relationship with Kenta still seems to be going well and I think that's giving her more confidence in her own abilities. I'm curious to see how she'll react to being alone during the daylight.

Anju's blood preference for loneliness was an inspired choice. It gives some insight into what fuels the blood preferences of the other members of her family. I think this volume answered a lot of questions about how Kagesaki sees the vampire myths in her creation.

I'm going to give it a 5.

No comments: