Monday, April 7, 2008

Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse It Only Hurts When I Pee

Another outing into the craziness that is Wormwood by Ben Templesmith. Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse It Only Hurts When I Pee is a collection of two Wormwood stories. The main story is "It Only Hurts When I Pee" and the after thought is "Segue to Destruction". Of the two I preferred "Segue".

In "It Only Hurts When I Pee" Wormwood and his gang travel to the dimension of the Leprechauns and it becomes a twisted road trip. There's not much plot, just alot of violence, weird sex and a cross-dressing Leprechaun Queen. "Segue to Destruction" is a much better dark comedy. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are more bent on enjoying themselves than on bringing about the end of the world. Thanks to Wormwood of course. The scene with Death (or Mr. D as he's known) with the Emos is priceless.

All in all, the main story sort of takes something away from this collection. It's much more over the top than I'm really comfortable so I have to drop the rating to 3 out of 5. Reluctantly.

No comments: