Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ultimate Fantastic Four Volume 5 Crossover

OK, I get it. Sue's hot. I don't understand why she can't wear a shirt that covers her midriff. It seem impractical that every thing she owns exposes her abs. Actually, with a new artist every member of the team looks great. Except when he tries to show surprise. With surprise they sort of look like a blow up doll.

Once again, Crossover contains two (relatively unrelated) stories. I think these volumes would be a lot better if Miller used more space to tell his tale. The Zombie storyline could certainly have used two more issues to resolve so there didn't seem to be so many leaps in the action and the Namor story could have been jettisoned almost entirely. He's just another guy that'll hit on Sue and end up in a big fight when I'd think the zombies in the basement were a more pressing situation than exploring Atlantis.

The zombies were great and Namor was OK so I'll give this one a 3.

No comments: