Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ultimate Power

This book made me wish that Brian Michael Bendis was writing the Ultimate Fantastic Four as well as Spider-Man. Ultimate Power has some great pacing. He knows when to write it quick and when to let the characters have a moment. The exchange between Nick Fury and Spider-Man alone as to how to deal with what happened to Reed was enough by itself to make me like this book.

Unfortunately, as I have no idea who these Powers people are, I would have liked a little more information up front. Maybe a quick introduction before the massive fight scene. The massive fight scene was a bit problematic as it was easy to lose who was who and what was going on. Finally, if this is where Nick Fury has disappeared to in Ultimates 2 then Spider-Man ought to have had a better idea where he was in the later volumes of the Ultimate Spider-Man. Perhaps there'll be more information whenever Ultimates 3 comes out.

I'll give it a 4.

No comments: