Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Ultimates 2 Volume 2 Grand Theft America

America gets invaded! Don't worry the Ultimates will save the day.

Grand Theft America is over the top. Completely. I was truly surprised with what they did to some characters, not just with but actually to them. Things get very, very, very dark in this one. Unfortunately, it was too much. I lost the sense that it was happening. I was able to figure out who the traitor was before it was revealed because it made the most sense in a fantasy world. I kept expecting to find out that it was all some terrible trick by Loki and that none of this was actually happening. That maybe he was just toying with Thor and his team mates to craft this ludicrous tale.

I understood the story that Miller was trying to tell but I didn't believe it. I can only give it a 2. Though I have to say I've never read a graphic novel that the splash page actually had to be folded out to get the full impact before. The art was much better than the story with this one.

No comments: